Jive Social Business Analytics Solution
One of the needs expressed by many Jive customers is the capability to provide analytics which combine the ease of use of the CMRs with the deep analysis available in BOBJ. This combination would enable Jive customers to clearly understand what is happening in their community and, as a result, adjust their adoption strategies across the community to drive engagement. Centric developed a unique solution to make this a reality.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
The fundamental information about Jive’s analytics data warehouse is publicly available in Jive’s Community (one example) and there are a number of options to access it listed here Jive Analytics and Reporting Solutions. The challenge for many customers is figuring out how to merge the data together and deliver it in a meaningful way. I put together this document last year Installing Postgres for Jive DWH Implementation as a primer for Jive customers to explain the download process and how to access the underlying data. People like Matt Nevill and Ted Hopton (and a host of others) have done a fantastic job of pulling together a series of documents, videos and discussions that provide Jive customers a great way to access this data.
At Centric, we took this one step further to enable Jive customers who do not have the technical expertise to download the data, run queries, and mash the data together. We used our in-depth understanding of Jive and customer needs to determine the following:
- What are the most important things for customers to understand?
- How do Jive customers want the data presented?
- What data needs to be presented together?
- How do all the Jive data and features fit together in a meaningful way?
- Most importantly, what types of adoption strategies should be implemented to address the data findings?
- Blazing performance, allowing users to visually analyze tens of millions of Jive activity records in seconds.
- A process to consolidate and cleanse data providing capabilities not available in the CMR or BOBJ modules.
- The ability to incorporate external data into the analytics, allowing for advanced analysis.
- Data merged together from Jive’s analytics (data warehouse) and core application database into a single view.
Centric has made a significant difference for a number of Jive customers by implementing this comprehensive and easy-to-use tool. Our framework enables a customer to be up and running with our out of the box configuration in a day. From there, we can configure and customize as needed. As an alternative, if you already have QlikView expertise in-house, your own company's developers can take our framework and modify it independently. Ultimately, our framework enables customers to manage their overall Jive Community with less effort and to clearly understand and manage Jive adoption for their community.
One of our trusted clients sums it up best:
One of the main benefits is having the information in one reliable source. Before the QlikView implementation, we relied on many different sources which just didn't make sense together (CMR, BOBJ, admin console reports). Our team sometimes uses the CMRs for a quick sense of what’s going on in our community, but the QlikView solution enables us to dive deep into activity analytics. We are able to quickly filter down to what happened on a particular day, with a particular user, group, document, etc. All our favorite reports are just a click away and can be easily filtered by date, place, activity type, geographical location and more.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)