NoSQLUnit is a JUnit extension to make writing unit and integration tests of systems that use NoSQL backend easier.
Forge is a core framework and next-generation shell for tooling and automation at a command line level.
With NoSQLUnit Forge Plugin we can use Forge to create tests for NoSQL databases using NoSQLUnit.
This plugin we can create three kind of tests depending on the lifecycle that is required:
- Embedded: typically used in unit testing which starts an embedded instance of required database (not supported by all engines).
- Managed: usually used during integration or high level tests, which starts a remote instance in the same computer where tests are run.
- Remote: which uses already run database instances, usually in remote computers.
- engine: we choose which database engine we want to use.
- databaseName: we set the name of the database under test.
- classname: we set the name of the test class created by the plugin.
- classUnderTest: full class name of the class we want to write a test.
- path: home directory where NoSQL database is installed.
- host: server address.
- port: server port.