What Motivates Us at Work?
Good post from the TED conference on what motivates us at work. A researcher at Harvard conducted an experiment, and some interesting insights came out of it. It’s a good read and worth checking out.
Some of the key points:
- Seeing the fruits of our labor may make us more productive
- The less appreciated we feel our work is, the more money we want to do it
- The harder a project is, the prouder we feel of it
- Knowing that our work helps others may increase our unconscious motivation
- The promise of helping others makes us more likely to follow rules
- Positive reinforcement about our abilities may increase performance
- Images that trigger positive emotions may actually help us focus
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)