Minimum Experience Required: 2 years
DZone seeks a creative, innovative UI/UX engineer to drive our migration to responsive design, mobile environments, and HTML5. The right candidate will be a strong advocate for simple, clear interfaces, committed above all to delivering standards-based web applications that captivate and delight our clients.
You'll work on incredibly cool projects, from consumer-facing mobile Q&A systems to complex business integrations, eliciting requirements, developing mockups and wire frames, and implementing and/or overseeing implementation of the UI as part of an integrated development team. You'll drive the evolution of our application design standards and style guides, and ensure that we meet our clients' software accessibility requirements.
- Develop mockups and wireframes
- Implement and/or oversee implementation of the UI as part of an integrated development team
- Drive evolution of application design standards and style guides
- Ensure client software accessibility requirements are met
- Excellent aesthetic sense and ideally, a love for helping people learn and share knowledge online
- Excellent communication skills
- A skilled and pragmatic approach
- Experience with user-centered design, test-driven development, iterative/incremental and agile practices
- Familiarity with mainstream Java web frameworks a plus.
Usability drives the success of our applications, and we are committed to investing in tools, technologies, and key staff to achieve it.
Why Work with Us?
- Paid training
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Paid time off
- Fun, energetic work environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email with today's date in the subject line containing:
- A cover letter explaining why you are right for DZone
- Your resume
DZone has been an influential part of software development for years. Through our team's
combined experience and knowledge, we've been able to achieve amazing results.
Life at DZone
The DZone policy is simple: The door is always open and humor is never lost. Kick back, unbutton your collar, and take a minute to see what work should look like.
What's in it for you?
All employees at DZone get to:
- Work on Macs
- Sample a fully stocked snack bar
- Drink beer on tap (as long as you're old enough!)
- Work in a spacious, open office with a scenic balcony
- Play Xbox, Air Hockey, or battle with our Nerf gun arsenal
- Enjoy Friday cookouts.