Recently, I tried to help a teammate design a WSDL file. I gently drove him toward separating the interface itself in the WSDL file and domain objects in a XML Schema file. One thing leading to another, I also made him split this XSD into two separate files, one including another for design purposes. Alas, tests were already present, and they failed miserably after my refactoring, complaining about a type in the included file not being found. The situation was extremely unpleasant, not only because I looked a little foolish in front of one of my co-worker, but also because despite my best efforts, I couldn’t achieve validation.